Examination of the colon with sigmoidoscopySigmoideoskopi-andra språk - engelskaThe content concerns Västerbotten
You are about to have a sigmoideoskopi, sigmoidoscopy It is an examination of the lower part of the colon. It is done with a soft tube inserted through the rectal opening. It is important that you prepare yourself beforehand so that the examination can be carried out.
You should contact us well in advance of the examination if any of the following applies to you:
You use one or more of the following medicines:
Then you should call antikoagulationsmottagningen. You can reach us on 090-785 93 66.
If any of the following apply to you:
- You have a pacemaker
- You are taking plavix/Clopidogrel
- You are taking efient
- You are taking brilique.
- You are or think you are pregnant.
Should you contact endoskopienheten. You can reach us on 090-785 93 03.
Preparation for your examination
This is what you should do at home before the examination
- You may eat and drink as usual and take your medications with a few exceptions.
- 5 days before the examination, you should not use NSAID-type pain tablets. Among these are voltaren, ipren, treo and diklofenak.
- 5 days before the examination, you should not take iron tablets.
- Before the examination, your intestine must be cleaned. You do that by taking laxatives, klyx lavemang 240 millilitres, the evening before the examination. It can be purchased at the pharmacy.
- 2 hours before the examination you will take another klyx lavemang.
Should you have questions about the enema, please contact endoskopienheten.
You can reach us on 090-785 93 03.