Seek healthcare

Söka vård - engelska

Current articles

Visa innehåll som:
This is 1177Det här är 1177 - engelska

You can call the 1177 helpline if you or someone in your family is ill. You can get advice from a nurse in English or Swedish. You can call any time of day. The website 1177.se provides information about health and illness.

How healthcare works in SwedenSå fungerar vården i Sverige - engelska

If you or someone in your family needs medical care, you can usually get help at a healthcare centre (vårdcentral) . Call 1177 if you are unsure where to seek care. You can choose to speak Swedish or English. The nurse who answers the 1177 helpline can also give you advice on what you can do yourself to feel better.

Students from other countries: How to seek medical careStudenter från andra länder: Att söka vård - engelska
Care if you are an asylum seeker or do not have a permit to be in SwedenVård om du är asylsökande eller inte har tillstånd att vara i Sverige - engelska

If you are an adult asylum seeker, you have a right to receive medical and dental care that is deemed as urgent. This also applies if you are in Sweden without a permit. If you are under the age of 18, you always have the right to medical and dental care.

To the top of the page