Health dialogue in SkåneHälsosamtal i Skåne - engelskaThe content concerns Skåne
Schedule a health dialogue at your health care centre. You can get advice on what you can do to remain in good health.
Are you turning 40 or 50 this year? Then you are eligible to schedule a health dialogue.
This also applies to certain people when they reach 70 years of age.
You will receive a letter when it's time to schedule an appointment.
How it works
- You will receive a letter from your local health care centre when it is time to schedule an appointment. The letter contains more information about the health dialogue. There is no charge for the health dialogue.
- Your local health care centre will call you and schedule an appointment for you. Let them know if you need an interpreter.
- The health care centre will send you a message via 1177.se. The message will contain some questions about your health. Log in to 1177.se and answer the questions before the health dialogue.
Are you unable to log in to 1177.se? Or do you not speak Swedish? You can answer these questions during the health dialogue instead.
- Provide a blood sample at your health care centre no later than one week before the health dialogue.
You must not eat or drink anything before your blood sample. Do not eat or drink after 10:00 pm the evening before the scheduled blood sample.
- Then come to your scheduled health dialogue at the health care centre. The health dialogue takes about one hour.
During the health dialogue at the health care centre
You will meet with a staff member at the health care centre who will lead the dialogue. This person may be a nurse or other health care professional.
An interpreter can also be present during the dialogue, for example, if you do not speak Swedish very well or if you need to receive the relevant information in sign language.
Interpretation into my language
During the health dialogue, the following items will be checked:
- your blood pressure
- your weight
- your height
- your waist size.
You will also get the results from your blood test.
Then you will discuss the answers you provided to the questions about your health. Did you choose not to answer the questions before the appointment? You can get help answering the questions at the health care centre.
You will be given advice on your health and help planning what you can do on your own to maintain good health.
For example, you will look at an image called a health curve. The health curve shows how healthy your lifestyle is. It also shows your individual risk for getting certain diseases.
After the health dialogue, you can receive additional support if you want it.
Re-schedule your appointment if you are unable to come to your scheduled time
Are you unable to come to your scheduled health dialogue? Call the health care centre and reschedule.
At some health care centres, you can cancel your appointment online. Log in to 1177.se and use the health care centre’s e-services.
The e-services are only available in Swedish.
How you can improve your health
There are things you can do on your own to improve your health. This reduces the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Some things you can do on your own:
- Move more. Walking and cycling are good ways to increase movement.
- Eat a healthy diet. For example, vegetables, fruits and fish.
- Do not smoke or use snus.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Get adequate sleep.