Your guide to good health
Physical activityFysisk aktivitet - engelskaThe content concerns Östergötland
The human body is designed to move. When you are active and move more, you become more energetic and stronger. Exercise is type of physical activity. Physical activity is a good way to improve your fitness or strength. It is always a good idea to stay active. Even if you get just a little activity or a lot.
How much physical activity you should get:
- For good health, you should do a physical activity
that increases your breathing and heart rate.
- For example, walking, cleaning or work in the garden.
- You should do get at least two and a half hours
of physical activity every week.
- If you want more intense exercise, you can do a physical activity that increases your breathing and heart rate a lot.
For example, running or a ball sport.
You should do these activities You should do these activities for at least an hour and fifteen minutes every week.
It is also good to:
- Do an activity that strengthens your muscles.
You should do this at least twice a week.
- Do an activity that improves your balance.
This is especially important if you are 65 years or older.
- You should not spend too much time sitting.
It is good to take a break from sitting and move
once every half hour if you spend a lot of
Physical activity is good for:
- Heart health and physical fitness.
- Better brain function.
- Better sleep.
- Better mood.
- You do not get stressed as easily.
Physical activity can also help
you avoid feeling down and experiencing the
illness we call depression.
You can get help if you find it hard to increase your physical activity.
Your health care providers can give you a
prescription for physical activity.
Your health care providers can help you
find a physical activity that suits you.
Physical activity is especially good, for example,
if you have the illnesses depression, high blood pressure,
type 2 diabetes or osteoarthritis.
Physical activity can also help you manage obesity.