Rules and rights

Interpretation to other languages

Tolkning till andra språk - engelska

If you have difficulty speaking or understanding Swedish, you are entitled to an interpreter when you see a doctor, dentist or other caregiver. Caregivers can usually arrange an interpreter for you. Tell the staff that you need an interpreter when you first make an appointment.


An interpreter is under an oath of confidentiality and cannot disclose information about you without your approval. Family and friends who interpret for you are not subject to confidentiality.

To the top of the page